K-5 Elementary Tutors
6-8Middle School Tutors
9-12 Secondary Tutors
- Algebra &Trigonometry
Are you ready to be a difference maker? Are you passionate about helping students learn and succeed? POI Tutoring Service is a community of passionate, innovative, engaging, dedicated educators. Here, you'll find a collaborative environment that is focused on ensuring all students reach the highest expectations in their education journey. As education leaders, our goal is to make a positive impact on children that will help them thrive as confident life- long learners. Their success is our business, and you are the key to our success which is why we place a high value on the tutors we hire.Tutor Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to student learning, growth, and advancement.
- Demonstrates academic competence in subject area(s) and ability to build a curriculum.
- Maintains a growth mindset toward student learning and teaching practice.
- Facilitates problem-solving with a curious mind and critical thinking skills.
- Serves as a role-model for students.
- Collaborates effectively with parents and the organization to increase student performance.
- Invests in the learners' well-being, health, and safety, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Recognizes the relationship between social-emotional learning and academic performance and shows an ability to teach the "whole child."
- Designs and facilitates differentiated and personalized learning goals and activities that follow a coherent sequence, are aligned to instructional goals, and engage students in high-level cognitive activity.
- Highly skilled in using technology and varied instructional modalities to meet the learning needs of students.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in Education or subject-matter field.
- Recent teaching or tutoring experience in grade level/subject-matter a plus.
- Engages in innovative and interactive learning practices.
- Emotional maturity and stability.
- Patient, flexible, positive, consistent, dependable, and cooperative with a sense of humor.
- Ability to take supervision and correction constructively.
- Ability to positively supervise students.
- Current Teaching License in education/subject matter.
- 2 years teaching experience in grade/subject-matter area.
POI Tutoring Service tutors enjoy a supportive and collaborative work environment that offer flexible working hours and student clients. Competitive compensation and future full-time opportunities.
To apply: Submit a cover letter (include grade level and subject matter seeking to tutor), resume, and three professional references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org